Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Qigong for health

About a year ago, I ordered a set of CD's & a manual on Qigong for Health called "Spring Forest Qigong". I looked it over when it came, listened to some of it, and then got busy with other things.

Last month I got it all out again, and began listening & practicing some of the exercises. I'm impressed! I did not really know anything much about Qigong before - I knew vaguely that it was Chinese. Master Chunyi Lin goes through the exercises and explains them in the manual. Qigong is 5,000 years old, has no religious roots, and is used for opening energy chanels in the body, to heal and restore, along with good nutrition. His goal is "a healer in every family".

You know about synchronicity? Seems like that's what was going on here. I was re-reading The Holographic Universe, which is about quantum physics, energy, etc... then realized that Qigong is a kind of energy work - which tied right into the book I was reading. Which also tied in with other recent articles I had read about body energy.

Anyway, if you're curious about Qigong, you can get a free combo CD/DVD from learningstrategies.com at http://www.learningstrategies.com/Qigong/Video.asp

You can also see Qigong Master Chunyi Lin here, doing one of the exercises: http://tinyurl.com/qpql55

I also have another CD album from Learning Strategies that has a Qigong meditation by Chunyi Lin, along with various other presenters. You can view that at http://www.learningstrategies.com/Euphoria/Home.asp .

And so you know - I have no affiliation with Learning Strategies Corporation.

No comments:

Post a Comment